Exchanging gifts is an ancient tradition and usually, people considered different types of items as a gift. Over the past decade or so technology has evolved our lifestyle; and it has also brought a change in our gifting tradition. Nowadays, gift cards or digital gifts are becoming more popular among people because it makes gifting more convenient and it saves a lot of time. If you have a PayPal account then you can give PayPal digital gifts to your friends, families, and loved ones. One of the key advantages of PayPal digital gifts is a lot of merchandise and stores accept this gift card including Walmart and eBay.
Usually, it takes a few hours but not more than 24 hours to receive the PayPal digital gifts. For some rare cases, it might take up to 24 hours to receive the code. You can also choose a specific time to send the gift. If you choose to deliver later then it will be delivered on the date delivery is scheduled. You will receive a confirmation mail once the PayPal digital gift is delivered.
What Is PayPal Digital Gift?
PayPal digital gift card allows a user to send digital gifts online in a matter of seconds and the gift recipient can easily redeem them online or in-store. If you have an existing PayPal account then you can easily send this PayPal digital gift. However, a non-PayPal user can use the digital gift to purchase anything or any merchant that accepts PayPal. A PayPal digital gift is not an actual gift card; it comes as a set of codes with instructions on an email.
How To Purchase PayPal Digital Gifts
Purchasing PayPal digital gifts is very easy. Follow the below steps:
2. Here you will see a wide selection of stores those accept the PayPal digital gifts
3. If you have a PayPal account then by default you will go straight to your verified PayPal account
4. But if you are intending to send the digital gifts to someone else then you have to entire the email address of the recipient
5. The recipient won’t need a PayPal account to redeem the card; any email service will work just fine
6. Now select the gift card that you’d like to buy from the range of available gift cards
7. Then go to the official PayPal page and log in to your account
8. Here, you will see the purchase that you made; now complete the transaction
9. That’s it; your PayPal digital gift is ready to use
The Limitations Of PayPal Digital Gifts
1. You must have a valid PayPal account to buy PayPal digital gifts
2. You can only buy one digital gift at a time from the official PayPal store
3. If you are buying PayPal digital gifts from eBay then you can buy multiple digital gifts at a time without any inconvenience
4. After purchasing the digital gift via a valid PayPal account anyone with an email account can use the card to make a purchase
5. The code of the digital gift card will be delivered to the recipient’s email within a couple of hours or a maximum of 24 hours
6. You must buy the digital gift card from the official PayPal website or PayPal authorized merchant to avoid fraud gift cards
7. If you have bought the digital gift card from eBay then there are chances the mail might go to the Spam folder. So check your spam folder before claiming that the code didn’t arrive
8. If the code didn’t arrive within 24 hours of purchase then contact PayPal’s support team or customer care for the issue
9. The PayPal digital gifts are only valid in the USA and for US residents so if you send a gift to a person in another country then he has to use a method to redeem the code that would appear as if he is doing it within the US territory
FAQs About PayPal Digital Gifts
1. What Is A Digital Gift?
A digital gift contains gift codes and they will be delivered to you via email. You can use the code online or at shops that accept gift cards. The working procedure of a digital gift card is similar to the traditional gift cards however with a digital card; a code is emailed to you.
2. How Do You Use A Digital Gift Card?
You can redeem the digital gift card online or from stores that support gift cards. The process is very simple. Follow the below steps:
1. First, go to a shop
2. Now click on the eGift Card merchant you wish to shop at
3. From the available list select your payment source
4. Now select the amount according to your requirements
5. Click on the purchase button
6. Then click on the confirmation
7. Now the barcode option will appear
8. You can enter the gift card number by yourself or show it to the cashier and complete the purchase
3. How Do Amazon Digital Gift Cards Work?
There are many ways you can use the Amazon digital gift cards. You can use Amazon gift cards to buy Kindle content, digital music, and Amazon Video downloads. You can redeem the gift card from your account, send Amazon gift cards to others, or redeem the gift card from supported stores.
4. Are E-Gift Cards Safe?
The popularity of e-gift cards is on the rise and many people are concerned about the security of these cards. There are reasons to be concerned about security because all that stands between a criminal and money is a long alphanumeric code and it can easily be stolen by simple cut and paste from the computer. So when you are purchasing e-gift cards make sure your computer is completely secure and other people don’t have access to your computer.
5. Can You Transfer Money From A Gift Card To A Debit Card?
No, there is no way you can transfer money from a gift card to a debit card. Once you purchase a gift card you can’t refund it.
5. When Does A Gift Card Expire?
Usually, there is no expiration date for digital gifts that are bought in the US and Canada. For other countries, the expiration policy will vary. For example, if you are buying PayPal digital gifts in Australia then they will expire three years from the date of purchase.
6. How Can I Send Money As A Gift?
There are many ways you can send money as a gift and nowadays it’s a very popular trend to send a gift card instead of cash. There are various types of gift cards available; for example:
1. Prepaid Visa Gift Card
2. Amazon eGift Card
3. Local restaurant gift card
4. PayPal digital gift card
5. Google play store gift card
6. Sore gift card